Who are we?
- Jennifer Peters, eLearning and Digital Literacies Librarian
- Ewan Gibson, Instructional Technologies Specialist
S@Y Sandbox Support
- Alana Otis, Reference & Information Literacy Technician
- Alexandra Dimou, Borrower Services Technician
King Sandbox Support
- Autumn Piette, Reference & Information Literacy Technician
- Cheyenne Higgs, Reference & Borrower Services Technician
Newnham Sandbox Support
- Julio Palacios, Instructional Technologies Specialist
Markham and King Sandbox Support
- Mohamad Tafish, MyLearning Technologist
We are a digital literacies program at Seneca. This program will provide a support system for faculty and students, including:
- workshops and online resources for creating digital media like videos, podcasts, infographics, or digital stories
- editing stations, recording studios, equipment and software for creating digital media, as well as equipment and tools for maker projects
- consultations with faculty interested in creating digital media
Each workshop and online guide will touch on all aspects of a digital skill. For example, the Creating Instructional Videos workshop not only teaches the tools and software required for video creation but also discusses citizenship issues, such as copyright, privacy, and information literacy.
Faculty who already have experience with digital media will be invited to become part of the Sandbox program by sharing their expertise with their colleagues.